Introduction to Climate Models
How climate models work
The slideshow In Pictures: Climate Models shows how climate models have developed over the years with improvements in computing technology. It is a useful article to understand the myriad factors that must be considered by such models. National Earth Science Teachers Association and How do climate models work? also have clear explanation of the processes and variables that are included in climate models.
Finally, New Supercomputer Enhances Reliability of Weather Predictions explains how new advances in technology are helping improve climate models even further.
Increasingly car manufacturers use computers models during the vehicles' design and testing processes. Models can be used to test the structure of cars, the effectiveness of safety features such as airbags, and the possible outcomes of collisions.
- FIAT Bravo Animation-front crash test
- Crashing Cars When They're Still a Gleam in the Designer's Eye
- Car-crash Testing: Is It Accurate?
- Crashteams 'Crash reconstruction experts'
- Toyota High-Tech Simulator Helps Racecar Safety
- Simulated Car Crashes Involving Pregnant Women